I mention this all the time, but my introduction to the book community was through booktube. (If you’re unaware, booktube is where people make videos about books on Youtube!) I started watching it years ago, but I just recently discovered that there was such a thing as book blogging. As soon as I found out about it though, I immediately knew that I had to join, and so, here I am.
But then I started thinking about which book bloggers are similar to which booktubers. I’ve been both watching booktube and reading book blogs for a considerable amount of time, so today I want to recommend a few booktubers that you should watch based on what book blogs you like. There are people out there who only read book blogs and don’t watch booktube, and there are people who are the opposite. I hope this post encourages you to consume both forms of media, because they both of different things to offer!
Disclaimer: I think I’m only subscribed to about twenty booktubers, and a number are inactive. I also only follow about 40 WordPress blogs and less than 110 people on Twitter. I’ve always been picky about the people I choose to follow since I only want people who “bring me joy” to show up on my feed. That means that I wasn’t able to come up with as many booktubers to pair with book bloggers as I would’ve liked. I wasn’t able to give many of my faves a counterpart, and I’m really sad about that. But I may do a part two of this post if I find more booktubers to subscribe to!
If you like to read The Quiet Pond, watch Books and Lala!
Starting off with two fan favorites! Both CW and Lala bring such unique content to the table.
- CW’s blog is a work of genius and art (literally because she draws art for each of her posts). I suck at explaining things so I’ll just direct quote from her blog’s About page: “The Quiet Pond (‘The Pond’) is a fantasy-themed book blog with a simple narrative, in which you are the main character. The Quiet Pond is an ongoing story about your frequent visits to the Pond and the magical pond creatures who live there.”
- Like CW, Lala constantly provides original content, and most of her videos take so much time to put together. Her videos are so creative, like when she let Instagram control her weekend or read the same amount of pages each day for a month.
- Both CW and Lala are also amazing resources if you’re looking for book recommendations!
If you like to read Sprinkles of Dreams, watch Books with Chloe!
- Both Lily and Chloe have such admirable personalities. I associate Lily with the ☁ emoji, and Chloe with the ✨ emoji.
- Both of their aesthetics are on point, and they both sprinkle (pun intended) in mangas into the books they read!
If you like to read Paper Blots, watch Paperback Dreams!
You should watch Kat if you like Ju’s blog because they both have paper in their channel names.
- Wait, I’m just kidding–don’t leave yet! These two are similar because they are both absolutely hilarious! Their brand of comedy runs in the same vein, and if you want to laugh, just read Ju’s blog and watch Kat’s channel!
If you like to read The Bookish Actress, watch Jordan Harvey!
Elise and Jordan are so smart. What the heck.
- Both create essay-like content and provide in-depth analyses of the things they consume.
- Elise and Jordan also incorporate TV shows and other media besides books into their content!
If you like to read Novels & Waffles, watch Common Spence!
I LOVE BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH. They are both really underrated, so please go follow them immediately!
- Their enthusiasm and energy are un-matched.
- They both have incredible design skills. One look at Kat’s blog and one click on one of Spencer’s videos will show you this. Spencer is a graphic designer for a living, and Kat runs a graphic design shop!
If you like to read Sun and Chai, watch My Name is Marines!
Two people who are incredibly eloquent!
- Their discussions are amazing, and when they choose to talk about a book or topic, they dissect it in such a deep and wonderfully executed way.
- Both are advocates for diversity, especially people of color, in fiction!
If you like to read Sapphic Library, watch Chandler Ainsley!
I’m recommending these two, not based on the correlation of their personalities, but because they read similar things.
- Both are queens of romance, and almost exclusively read romance books.
- Mahana’s blog is perfect for f/f romance recommendations, and Chandler’s is perfect for m/m!
If you like to read Bookdragonism, watch Aphrodite Reads!
- Both Rain and Heathur have an immense love for Rick Riordan and the Percy Jackson series.
- I find that their reading tastes are different, but when they love a book, they’ll endlessly scream about it until you add the book to your TBR. I guess it just runs in Percy Jackson fans.
As we get to the end of this post, I would like to shout out three amazing book bloggers who somehow do booktube as well? How?? These people are Melanie, Fadwa and Kate! Click on their names to subscribe to their channels!
I know none of you probably noticed, and now I’m just making you notice, but I can’t get over it. PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I PUT COMMAS AFTER “IF YOU LIKED.” I can’t edit the graphics anymore, and I don’t want to remake eight graphics, so my grammar mistake will be immortalized forever rip.
Before you leave, just know that I won’t be replying to comments on this post or on any post this week because I have important exams coming up! I’ll get to them after this hell week is over though!